Feb-BLAH-ary: The longest month with the fewest days in New England when those of us that have not embraced winter sports become shut ins. Dry air and manufactured heat bring frizzy hair, static electricity, dry scalp, hair and skin to new levels while sun deprivation robs our souls of our energy….
Ok, so sometimes I am a little dramatic….but combining those elements with tax prep usually leaves me with the winter blues. While I apparently have no influence on taxes at this point (besides planning which beautiful island I will escape to) here are some things that can help chase those winter blues away.
Take time for you:
Have a service at the salon you don’t normally indulge in.
- Treat yourself to a Nourishing and Fortifying hair treatment.
Begin with an amazing shampoo and scalp massage (We believe no one should suffer with winter hair so much that we have dropped the price on Fridays in February from $35 to $25 with Dani or Kirsten)
- A 30 minute massage
Massage Appointments are now available Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s. Jill will quickly put you at ease and lift your spirits. Your mind and sun starved soul will thank you!
- A Scarlet Spa at Chromatics offers a wide array of services from manicures, eyebrow shaping, eyebrow tinting, chemical peels and facials to back facials, lash extensions and paraffin treatments.
Jennifer is a wealth of knowledge and can give you a great personalize skin care recommendation to help your skin look radiant throughout winter.
Don’t have time to spend in the salon? Take the salon home with you:
- Bring home a single dose or a full size Marula Rare Luxury Masque, Awapuhi Wild Ginger Intensive Treatment, Super Charged Mousturizer or Instant Moisture Daily Treatment.
(Apply treatment, cover with a processing cap for 20 minutes and Viola! Your hair will think it’s already April! )
- Take home styling products that treat your hair while you style with any of Marula Rare Oil Styling Products
- Try shaving legs with a Tea Tree Bar. This vegetable milled bar is infused with all the wonders of Tea Tree and will exfoliate while moisturizing dry skin!
Still have frizzy hair?
Try an ionic blowdyer at home. Negative Ions break water molecules down into smaller cluster so they may penetrate into the hair shaft adding hydration and shine while you style.
Nothing beats the winter blues more than catching up with an old friend. Bring a friend who has never been to Chromatics and you will BOTH will save more!
With so many options to treat hair and skin, February is looking brighter!
***when all else fails blast some music and make a lip sync video- you can find ours on YouTube under chromatics lip sync***